Become a Tour Guide Association member today!
Member benefits include:
- Monthly meetings held at interesting venues with guest speakers, book signings, and refreshments
- Low cost liability insurance
- Annual Educational Seminar
- Excursions to historical areas outside of the New Orleans area
- Continuing Education Program
The Tour Guides Assoc. of Greater New Orleans, Inc. was established in April of 1985 as a non-profit 501(c)(3)* organization of nearly 300 guides, all licensed by the City of New Orleans. Our membership consists of new, experienced, and volunteer tour guides from a variety of backgrounds. Members are ready, willing and able to perform a variety of visitor services. Many tour operators and a variety of companies providing services to our city's visitors are also members of the association.
TGAGNOI is dedicated to the continuing education of our membership and to promote the integrity of our profession. We strive to improve the tour industry and assure that each and every visitor to the Greater New Orleans area returns home with a high-quality and memorable guest experience!
The mission of the Tour Guides Association of Greater New Orleans, Inc. is to represent, promote, and protect the common interests of licensed tour guides in the Greater New Orleans area by:
- Providing a forum through which members can continue their education and exchange information,
- Promoting private, public and governmental awareness locally of the tour guide's role, and
- Establishing a channel of communications between tour guides and the tourism industry.
*501(c)(3) ruling is available upon request.
Page Created 9/22/17